Many things associated with visits to the dentist cause anxiety and even fear in some people. The vibration and sound of the drill and the pain and discomfort experienced during some dental procedures put many people off from visiting the dentist regularly.
Fortunately, technical developments in the field of dentistry have eliminated some of these troubling elements such as shots and drills, allowing patients to leave the dentist’s office pain-free and comfortable.
Painless Laser Technology
Laser dentistry uses high-energy amplified light for basic dental procedures such as trimming gums and removing tooth decay. This process is gentle, and the heat allows fast curing of fillings and enhances the impact of bleaching agents on the teeth. These devices can also be used to detect cavities in the teeth.
Applications of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry has many applications:
- Removal of tooth decay
- Preparing cavity for receiving a filling
- Sealing tubules to ease tooth sensitivity
- Cleaning and scaling
- Speeding up teeth whitening procedures through laser energy
- General soft tissue procedures like crown lengthening or reshaping of gum and bone tissues
- Removing bacteria during root canal procedures
- Removing benign tumors
- Removing lesions or biopsy for further examination of tissue for cancer
Some advantages to painless laser dentistry are…
- The laser equipment has no direct contact with the teeth, resulting in painless and comfortable procedures and eliminating the possibility of cross-contamination between patients.
- There is no noise or vibration, which can be particularly comforting to children.
- Local anesthesia and sutures are unnecessary, and recovery time is reduced.
- Lasers cut precisely, ensuring the healthy sections of the tooth and the surrounding tissues remain undamaged.
- The risk of bacterial infection is reduced, and there is no bleeding or swelling before or during the procedure.
- Laser dentistry is completely safe when practiced by a competent dentist.
Schedule an appointment for a painless and anxiety-free dental visit, or contact ____________ for more information.